Sunday, January 13, 2008

Forever Midwest

This is a silly self-portrait I took of myself this summer wearing my new favorite t-shirt my sister got me...it has a map of the US with the midwest highlighted and says: "The Midwest! It's in the Middle!" :)

Materials include: Scenic Route and My Minds Eye patterned paper, Creative Imaginations Journaling notebook, Love, Elsie epoxy and letter stickers, Sassafrass Lass Owl stamps, and lots of labels and other random stuff. :)

The journaling is: What is it about the midwest and the people from it? We may not seems as hip or exotic as the coasts---but I think there's nothing like midwesterners for their sense of humor or strength of character. Sturdy stock. I'm proud of my hometown, Kankakee---that I went to Southeast Missouri State and Western Illinois universities and that I still live "in the middle!"

****

This is one of those pages where I was just goofing around and having fun with my supplies...the sentiment is true though and I thought my fellow midwesterners might enjoy....
Love,
Brooke

No comments: