Monday, June 14, 2010

Back From the Dead!

I don't know about you, but life keeps getting in the way of my crafting! (Or maybe it's my knitting addiction that's getting in the way.) Either way, I haven't had much to post here about lately.

Lucky for you, my daughter is unsatisfied with almost every item of clothing I've bought for her in the last three years or so. She much prefers coming up with her own fashion ideas, then instructing me on how to create them. Today's post comes from a copy-cat tank top she begged me to make based on one I got from Ann Taylor Loft a number of years ago.

I liked the idea of my top - fairly plain at first glance, but just enough beaded detail on the shoulders to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, I wasn't willing to admit in the dressing room how ill-fitting this top way, and I now have to wear a second top underneath it to keep from flashing people on the street.

Anyhoo....back to Maya. She loves to emulate anything "big girl" and so demanded I sew beaded detail to the shoulders of her plain pink tank top. It was a very easy project, cost about $4 in supplies (that's the shirt + the beads, people!) and, as you can see from the pic, Maya is super pleased with the result. I guess this will be our "twins" outfit for summer 2010.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

TOO cute, Nic. Sorry about the abandonment on the blogs... I'm going to be reviving this one, and my food one, too!